Congratulations to the Class of 2015
56% A* to C inc English and Maths
95% A* to G inc English and Maths
Best ever results in English and Maths.
Well done to all year 11 students and staff
Return to school dates:-
Year 7 & 11 - Wednesday 2nd September 2015 8:40am , All year groups Thursday 3rd September 2015 8:40am
2015 Section 48 Inspection - Rated as Outstanding.
Welcome To Our Academy
Whilst it has been another extremely busy year, I am thrilled to say that it has also been another extremely successful year.
We have been proud to have welcomed a wide range of visitors to our school including some who have carried out inspections. It is a pleasure to share with you just a taste of the positive feedback that we have received as a result of these visits and inspections; below you will find an extract taken from the Section 48 report into religious provision at St Peter’s. It is wonderful to see the hard work that goes on in our school, by both students and staff, recognised by others.
“St Peter’s is an Outstanding school. Witness to Catholic Life and tradition permeate the whole school and Catholic ethos is clearly evident in relationships between all stakeholders. Students are proud of their school and readily involve themselves in the many opportunities for supporting others through work, prayer and example. Standards in RE have improved year on year for the past 3 years and projected achievement for 2015 indicates further improvement. The progress of disadvantaged students in RE is equal to and, in some cases, exceeds that of their peers. Leaders and managers at all levels are highly effective in managing and developing the Catholic life of the school including provision for Religious Education. The school self-evaluation accurately positions the school on its journey and clearly sets out its strengths and areas for development.”
Section 48 Inspection, 28-29th April 2015
A few comments from parents at our latest review day :-
• I feel my daughter has made tremendous progress since moving to this school
• Never had any concerns
• Very pleased with S’s progress
• Overall very happy with my son’s progress at this school
• Considering J has had changes at home he is coping very well and making progress. Overall I am very pleased with J’s report and feedback from teachers. Well done J I am proud of you.
• N has really progressed since coming to St Peter’s, so proud of her.
• E has thoroughly enjoyed her first year at St Peter’s. Special thanks to staff
• Have always had great communication and understanding from all staff
• Excellent school
• I am really pleased with St Peter’s school. E is really flying high. I am so proud.
• My daughter is making excellent progress at school which is largely down to good teaching and the school itself. (Smiley face!)
• Couldn’t ask for anything better. Staff are amazing and very supportive.
• Happy with my child attending St Peter’s school
• Excellent school
• Thank you for all the support you give M
• I feel the school has achieved an excellent education for all my children. The school is growing stronger by the day and is a credit to the North East, very proud of the family it has become.
• Thank you for all your support while my children have been studying at school. Fantastic school.
• O has loved his time here and all his teachers
• I think R is doing really well and improving a lot.
• N really enjoys St Peter’s. Really proud of how he has progressed.
• Thanks for all your hard work through the year.
• The teaching and pastoral care our children receive is second to none. Our children’s achievements are down to the abilities and dedication of the wonderful staff and teachers. I cannot speak highly enough about this school.
Big Sleep Out
By Chloe Mudie
On Friday 3rd to Saturday 4th July, 60 students, 9 staff and a group of visitors participated in the Big Sleep Out. The event was to raise money for the Teesside Philanthropic Foundation which helps people who are homeless and people recovering from addiction. During the event some students played football with Middlesbrough Homeless FC. Also during the event there were speeches from people involved with the foundation about homelessness.
The Big Sleep Out included candle making, cross making/decorating, a disco, a film and midnight mass. Also during the Big Sleep Out the students and staff were treated to a disco. Many students have said that they would love to do it again. It's safe to say everyone involved has taken away something from it.
School Food Champion
Miss Johnson, St Peter’s Catering Teacher, has been selected as a ’School Food Champion’ as part of a Department for Education programme to teach students about health and improve the take up of healthy school meals.
As part of this initiative, Miss Johnson has asked students to apply to be ‘Student School Food Champions’ to influence the school dinners offered at St Peter’s and to encourage more healthy food choices for all students across the school.
Applications have now closed and the Student School Food Champions will be announced in September.
After School Clubs~
|Homework Club||Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays||2:45pm to 4:00pm||Room 10|
|Youth Group||Wednesdays||245pm onwards||Chapel|
|COMING SOON :-|||||||
|Cooking Club||Wednesdays starting June 2015||2:45pm to 4:00pm||Room 2|
|Rugby Club||Tuesdays starting Sept 2015||3pm to 4:30pm||School Field|
|Netball||September 2015 to April 2016||3pm to 4pm||Netball Court|