Our school strives to promote the spiritual, physical and emotional development of young people within a Catholic community, whilst empowering them to become independent learners within the framework of traditional, current and future technologies.
‘Christ be our Light’ is the adopted statement of our Academy partnership, which consists of St Peter’s Catholic Voluntary Academy, St Gabriel’s Catholic Voluntary Primary Academy, St Margaret Clitherow’s Catholic Voluntary Primary Academy and St Mary’s Catholic Voluntary Primary Academy, and together we are St Oswald’s Catholic Academy Trust.
We expect all parents and students to support and respect Catholic teachings and all students to play a full part in the spiritual and religious life of the school.
As a school we aim to:
• Nurture the spiritual growth of each child
• Encourage excellence in all aspects of your child’s education
• Provide a happy learning environment for your child
• Develop each student’s talents and potential to the full
• Prepare students for the responsibilities of adult life
As a student at St. Peter’s we expect you to:
• Maintain an excellent punctuality and attendance record
• Wear our school uniform with pride
• Work to the best of your ability at all times
• Respect all members of the school community
• Abide by the rules of the school at all times
As a parent, we want you to:
• Ensure your child arrives at school in correct uniform
• Support the School Behaviour Policy
• Attend Review Days/Parents’ Evenings
• Contact us at the first opportunity if you have any concerns
• Encourage your child to take advantage of the educational opportunities offered by the school