Career Opportunity - Personal Assistant to the Headteacher
Personal Assistant to the Headteacher
Full Time, Term Time Only + 4 weeks
Temporary until 31 March 2019
Commencing as soon as possible
Would you consider yourself to be an exceptionally well organised and efficient individual?
Are you passionate about making a difference to students’ lives?
Can you demonstrate composure in a highly challenging and stimulating working environment?
If the answer is yes, then St Peter’s Catholic Voluntary Academy could be the place for you! Come and join our warm and friendly Catholic community.
Our hidden gem of an academy is currently in an exciting phase of change and this is a great time to join us. We are looking to appoint an efficient Personal Assistant to support our Headteacher in the pursuit of transforming St Peter’s into an Outstanding academy.
The ideal candidate will:
• be a self-motivated and driven professional able to work with others or on their own initiative
• have exceptional written and oral communication skills
• be honest, reliable and have a flexible approach to work
• work with absolute confidentiality and integrity and present a professional corporate face for the academy
• be exceptionally organised and have effective time management skills
• have excellent IT skills and be able to produce a range of documents with little instruction
• be responsible for providing a high standard of administrative support
• have experience of undertaking a range of administrative tasks within a busy office environment,
• be able to manage their own workload and deadlines as well as those of the Headteacher
• have a genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every student
• have experience of conflict resolution and handling difficult conversations
• be a present and pro-active leader that contributes to the wider life of the academy
• Awareness and knowledge of safeguarding practices in relation to employees and students
It is desirable, though not essential, that candidates have had experience of dealing with recruitment and working in an educational environment.
We can offer you:
• a passionate commitment to your professional learning
• the opportunity to work with a supportive and cohesive team
• the opportunity to build relationships and work with enthusiastic students every day
St Peter’s is renowned locally for its caring atmosphere and respectful welcoming students. With students’ futures at the heart of our mission we enable students to learn and teachers to teach in our culture of high expectations and compassion.
We are committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare of our students and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees or volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment selection process in line with this commitment.
For your information, St Oswald’s Catholic Academy Trust are in the process of merging and will join Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust in September 2018.
Please download application information from our advert. To schedule a visit to St Peter’s or to return a completed application form please contact Miss K Hall via email at email@example.com or on 01642 453462.
Application forms and job specification details are available on our website www.stpeters-sch.com.
Closing Date: 05 June 2018