Christmas End of Term Letter
As we reach the end of this autumn term, I write to thank you for your faithful support and to share some notices for this week and the spring term.
There have been so many events and student successes this term that we are extremely proud of, far too many to give due credit to in this letter. These will therefore be highlighted in the January edition of our Academy publication "The Key". We also encourage you to follow our Twitter and Facebook pages to keep abreast of current news and celebrations of the fantastic achievements of our wonderful students.
- Christmas liturgies will be hosted during assembly this week.
- Christmas jumper day will take place on Friday 22nd December. £1 donation in aid of our Lourdes Fund to be collected on the day. All other uniform expectations will remain in place.
- House assemblies and 'crazy challenges' will take place on Friday 22nd December. House colours can be worn.
- Christmas Family Dining – is being served over 3 sittings on Thursday 21 December. This is free for all students.
- Rewards experiences are taking place throughout this week, including cinema trips, parties. Congratulations to over 120 students who have achieved places at one of these events.
- Term ends at 12.20 on Friday 22 December. Students will still have the option to take lunch.
- Y8 and Y9 will swap lunch sittings- this means that Y8 will take lunch at 12.20, after tutor time, and y9 will take lunch before tutor time at 11.50.
- Whole academy timetable has been rewritten to accommodate curriculum changes we have made for students in years 10/11. On Jan 9 students will be issued with a new timetable.
- Parents evening’s– Year 9 & 10 Parent’s Evening Tuesday 30 January 2018 16:30 – 19:00, Year 11 Parent’s Evening Tuesday 6 February 2018 16:30 – 19:00, Year 8 Options Evening Tuesday 27 March 16:30 – 19:00
- Ofsted monitoring inspection report will be available online from Jan 8. We would like to invite you to attend a parent forum meeting on either Thursday 11 Jan at 17:30 – 18:30 or Friday 12 Jan at 14:00- 15:00. At these meetings we will discuss the outcomes with you and answer any questions you may have in relation to the report and St Peter's Academy Improvement journey.
- Uniform from January 2018 – A reminder that all students in Years 7-10 must wear only skirts and trousers with the academy logo from 9 January 2018. Financial support for uniform purchases is available (please call reception for further information).
- Y11 & Y10 Pre-public examinations (mock exams) will take place throughout January – exam timetables will be issued to students this week.
Advent, "waiting for the coming of Christ", is a special time in our Christian calendar during which we undertake a journey of self-reflection and endeavour to make a fresh start in the New Year.
We break for Christmas in this third week of advent that starts with 'Gaudete' Sunday, a Latin word meaning to show joy or rejoice. I look forward to seeing joy and festivity in the events planned around the academy this week. The fruit of much hard work on the parts of both staff and students.
At this often busy and sometimes challenging time of year, I pray that you and your families find time to pause and experience the great peace and joy that exists in the miracle of Christmas.
We hold every student in our academy before God in our prayers throughout this most holy season and ask you in turn to pray for our academy community too.