Deputy Headteacher Career Opportunity @ St Mary's Catholic Primary Academy
Deputy Head Teacher
Required for January 2019
Salary: Group 2 L5 – L9 £43454 - £47967
Due to the successful appointment of our Deputy Head to Headship the Governors are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, inspirational and committed Catholic to the post of Deputy Head Teacher to join our outstanding school.
The successful candidate will work with the Head Teacher, staff, Governors and Directors of our new Northern Academy Trust to lead and develop our happy and inclusive school on its continued journey to remain outstanding and beyond.
• A Christ centred school with supportive staff, parents and governors
• A school which exhibits very high standards in all areas of pupil achievement supported by a strong Catholic ethos, with Gospel values at its heart, which permeates all aspects of school life
• A dedicated, talented and professional team
• Supportive and experienced Governing Body totally committed to the continued development of the school community.
• Well behaved children who enjoy coming to school and are eager to learn
• A warm welcoming ethos and an outstanding sense of community through our close partnership with families, the parish and other community groups
• Excellent opportunities for continuing professional development
We are looking for a strong, dynamic and inspirational leader who:
• Is keen to broaden their experience in preparation for future Headship
• Promotes high expectations and will help our children to thrive in a culture that builds resilience and have a positive attitude to learning
• Believes that only the very best is good enough
• Is an outstanding classroom practitioner who motivates and inspires children and staff
• Is creative, forward thinking and skilled in leading and managing areas of school development
• Can confidently deputise for the Head Teacher
• Take a strategic lead role in curriculum development, teaching and learning
• Will develop the respectful and inclusive ethos of our school
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment, as such this post is subject to an Enhanced DBS clearance and Childcare Disqualification Declaration.
Applications must be made on the CESEW application form which can be found on the Catholic Education Service Website under Application forms/Senior Leadership Application Form.
If you would like to be part of St Mary’s school family you are welcome to visit us before applying, please contact Mrs Louise Davies to arrange an appointment
Further details and application packs are available from Mrs Louise Davies
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 01642 455309
Closing Date for Applications: 4pm Friday 22nd June 2018
Shortlisting: Monday 25th June 2018
Interviews : Monday 2nd July 2018